Friends always ask me how I start my morning. They always want to know how I’m so chipper and ready to hit the ground running each day. Well, I’m not ready to hit the ground running and most definitely not chipper. But, anywho, continue reading to find out my 7 must do’s to start my day. Do you have a daily routine? Do you have to get certain things done each day to feel accomplished? Well, I can’t say YES to either of these questions. But, I do have 7 MUST Do’s to start my morning.
My day begins at 5:40 a.m. Monday to Friday. Ok, let me be a bit more honest. My alarm goes off at 5:40 a.m. My butt finally rolls out of bed at 6:00 a.m. This leaves me 15 minutes to get in and out the shower before heading downstairs to cook breakfast. Some mornings we have a successful breakfast and others are failures. But, hey! It’s all good.
MomJonz’s 7 Must Do’s 1st Thing To Start Your Morning
My 7 MUST Do’s are pretty basic, but they are MINE (you see, I had to learn to claim what works for me and not allow others to tell me how little or insane those things are. It’s important that you do the same.) and keeps me somewhat sane.
- Morning Prayers – Every morning after I hit snooze numerous times (because I can’t seem to get my butt out of bed to workout like I tell DadJonz I will join him every morning) I say my morning prayers. I always thank God for waking me up and ask for his protection for my family as we all go about our day.
- Engage With My Awesome Facebook Group – Yes, my friends. This is the 2nd thing I do each morning. I grab my phone and head over to share the morning post with an amazing group of ladies to get our day started off right. What is this group all about? It’s all about women giving advice, love, and laughter. LOTS of laughter. Come on over and join in the fun!
- Get Dressed – Yes! I’m FULLY dressed every day before my kids are up. Why? First of all, I feel better. It also allows me to head out the door right after my kids are off to school. If I have to get myself ready afterward, it’s a wrap. My butt is going to the couch to sit down.
- Cook Breakfast- For some strange reason my kids feel the need the eat breakfast before they go to school. Seriously kids? Why!!! Just kidding, just kidding. But on a serious note, they aren’t big cereal eaters, so I end up cooking bacon, eggs, sausage, muffins, etc. Some days I can make them a quick smoothie. I’m looking forward to our upcoming move cause I will be able to make more smoothies without worrying about anyone being cold.
- Pack Lunch – EquesterianGirlForever will not eat school lunch. This means a packed lunch every day, she mostly eats salads. I usually chop up lettuce the beginning of the week and just toss whatever toppings in on a particular day. Most mornings she lets me know what she wants in her salad or if she doesn’t want one at all. Meat and red onion (drop a mint in that lunchbox) are always a must for her. Some ham, turkey, bacon or chicken is going to be on that bad boy for sure. I’ve also started prepping my own lunch at this time. The go-to thing for me was to run out and grab lunch, but we all know that gets pricey.
- One Load Of Laundry – I HATE laundry. There’s no beating around the bush about it. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve wanted to throw everything away and start over. But, over the past year, I realize if I get one load going 1st thing each morning my life is simpler.
- Coffee – DadJonz makes us coffee each morning before he heads off to work. As I sip my coffee, I log into my computer to begin work and oh, check my social media accounts! 🙂
These are the 7 Do’s to start your morning, well MY morning. For years I use to compare what others did to get their mornings going. As I compared myself to their “FABULOUS” list, I felt my little accomplishments were useless. Heck, now I realize my 7 start your morning tips are exactly what this gal needs.
Find what works for you. Hopefully, you can incorporate one or two of mine into your morning routine. Come back to read more about my schedule as we gear up for the New Year. There will be some tweaking as we are moving soon and will need to adjust to some new schedules, etc., but either way, MomJonz will share her schedule and adventures. So be sure to head over to subscribe to receive my blog updates or join my fanpage to be the first to know about my posts.
Now that you’ve read my morning MUST Do’s, tell me some of yours. How do you start your day?
- The Day I Had My Stroke - September 3, 2021
- Summer Horseback Riding Camps Kids Love Near Fort Belvoir VA - January 30, 2021
- Delicious and Budget-Friendly Dinner Recipes For Your Family - January 4, 2021