In the Northwest, the only thing that is taken more seriously than your cup of coffee is Seahawks season. September through the Super Bowl, fans all over the state of Washington treat Sundays and Monday nights with the same deference as a religious holiday. If you’re expecting a new arrival, welcome your little one into the world the right way: as a Seahawks fan!
Seahawks Baby Shower
A Seahawks-themed baby shower is a perfect excuse to get the momentum going. Have your friends help you plan the ultimate welcoming party for Baby 12!
- Forego the traditional pink and blue pastels and go with neon green and navy blue instead! Hang streamers in team colors, blow up matching balloons and display little jerseys and a Seahawks onesie. Guests will be oohing and ahhing and best of all, you can reuse any leftovers for your next tailgating party!
- There is no shortage of creative cakes. Look for a baker who will customize a cake just for you. You can go with the traditional pregnant belly cake wearing a Hawks jersey; a stacked cake with a Seahawks twist; or instead of a cake, cupcakes piped in blue and green.
- Get this party started! Check out Coach Pete Carroll’s playlist or superstar quarterback Russell Wilson’s on Spotify to set the mood.
Make a Seahawks Baby Room
You know that you’ve always wanted your own Hawks Den, so why not turn the nursery into that room? Decorate Baby 12’s bedroom in the spirit of your team! The good thing about a Seahawks nursery is that it’s gender neutral. You can be as themed as you want; if you would rather have “pops” of the team in the nursery instead of saturating it in the theme, it’s entirely up to you!
- You can find custom crib sheets and blankets online in many colors to fit your color scheme and if you want to be a little more traditional, your baby’s gender.
- Try wall art that is a little more subtle. Hang a picture of the Space Needle waving the 12 flag, or a map of the state of Washington.
- Don’t forget about storytime! Stock the bookcase with gems like Seattle Seahawks ABC by Brad M. Epstein and Let’s Go, Seahawks! by Aimee Aryal.
If teaching your kids to love the Hawks is wrong, who wants to be right? Start them off the right way and turn your tiny 12 into a loud and proud Seahawks fan!
- PFAS – The Toxic Chemical Putting Military Personnel At Risk - November 8, 2019
- Games For Mystery Lovers - May 22, 2019
- Welcoming a Tiny 12 - May 7, 2019
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.