I hope each of you had a Merry Christmas! As we sit here relaxing we are thinking of some fun things to do while the kids are out of school for the holiday, we also don’t want to turn it into another Christmas expense. Living in D.C. brings on lots of fun and history and lots of FREE things to do. However, there are things you will want to do that includes a fee. One of those things is ice skating.
DadJonz and I haven’t ice skated in years. This could be an interesting outing for sure. The kids have never stepped foot on the ice so that could be an entertaining day indeed.
Outings can add up quickly for a family. When we go out for the day, we like to enjoy ourselves with lunch or dinner during our adventures. And this adds up. We now discuss our outings and check for deals. Every a little bit helps when it comes to saving money and getting the most out of your dollar. And D.C. has a lot of great things to see, with a lot of great deals when you take the time to look for them.
Places To Go Ice Skating In DC
Let’s talk about where you can go ice skating in D.C. and how to save yourself a few bucks.
- The Washington Harbor – click for discount information
- Fairfax Ice Arena – click for discount information
- Fort Dupont Ice Arena
- City Of Bowie Ice Arena – click for discount information
- Reston Town Center Ice Skating Pavilion – click for discount information
- National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden
- Pentagon Row Outdoor Ice Skating
- Haymarket IcePlex – click for discount information
- Wharf Ice Rink
- Canal Park Ice Skating
- Loudon Ice Centre
The list isn’t in any particular order, and I personally haven’t visited any of them yet. A friend speaks highly of The Washington Harbor for ice skating in D.C. I included a few that are not in DC but within great proximity of the city. She also mentioned Farmers Fishers Bakers Restaurant as a great place to eat right near the rink.
So, if you’re looking for some fun during this holiday break, date night, ladies night or an outing with the kids, try ice skating. And don’t forget to check for deals first. The Jonz Family is going to be hitting up one of the rinks soon. Can’t wait to share with you.
One last thing, if you’re military be sure to check the site for military discounts. Always compare!
Latest posts by MomJonz (see all)
- Words Of Wisdom For High School Graduates From The #MaCs - May 26, 2019
- An Annoying Question Asked To Skinny People - May 17, 2019
- Don’t You Do It - May 15, 2019