Do you buy yourself Christmas gifts? I sure do. Yes, no shame in my game. I know I’m on Santa’s naughty list, so to ensure something is under the tree for me I shop for a few Christmas gifts for myself. Hey! Don’t judge. lol
Christmas is more than just gifts. We take time to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus in our home. We also ensure we give to others. And that is more important to me than receiving gifts. But, I won’t lie, I love receiving some good presents.
Let me tell you my story about buying my own Christmas gifts. Look, when you know you’re on the naughty list, you gotta ensure something is under that tree. I take a little time to shop in-store and online for a few things I want. And yes, I wrap them. Wrapped and a name tag placed on them. To: MomJonz From: MomJonz. And hmmm….yes! I even act surprised when I open them. Ok, the truth is. There have been times I’ve forgotten about buying something, so it’s not always an act.
What Sort Of Christmas Gifts Do I Buy Myself
The best gift I’ve ever purchased myself were some boots. This gal loves shoes. See, you thought I was going to say I buy some outrageous gifts (we won’t discuss the price tag. Will just say that hubby was deployed. hehe). Nope, not one bit. Although, everyone around me thought the boots were insane. They just didn’t understand fashion. Yep, that’s all that was.
This year, the plan is to buy some much-needed items. There needs to be a full wardrobe update happening up in here. Ok, so here goes:
- Underwear – Don’t even try playing me. You know you need to update that drawer too. I’m lazy, so I do just order my underwear online. For my Christmas gift, I order myself a couple of sets vs. the one once a month.
- Sweaters – It’s cold! Sweatshirts are great for around the house, but I have places to go and people to see. So, I probably should put on a warm and cute top from time to time.
- Socks – Yeah. You read that right. Socks. My husband will not think to buy me socks, even if I ask him 50 times. He doesn’t always think practical gifts when he shops. He goes for the full-on wow factor.
- Workout Gear – Now that I’m getting my butt back to the gym, I need to add some really cute outfits to my wardrobe so I can be FABulous while getting my sweat on.
- Spa Day – A day after the holidays, when everyone is back at school and work (well, hubby’s work is school right now). A good ole massage and relaxation will be for sure.
Do you buy yourself Christmas gifts? What’s the best gift you’ve purchased for yourself?
Latest posts by MomJonz (see all)
- Two Things Parents Need When Teaching Teens To Drive - October 16, 2019
- Create Your Custom Thigh-High Socks And Make A Statement - August 3, 2019
- Don’t Bust Your Household Budget Giving An Allowance To Your Teenager - July 11, 2019